Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Reviews: Travel friendly makeup

Rate This Post:

I've been doing a lot of traveling lately, and it's always a joy to try and make it through the TSA with just one itty-bitty quart sized bag.    So, when I found out I was off to San Diego for two days, I needed to pare everything down and figure out how to get everything into one carry-on bag and one "personal item" (read: laptop bag).

The first step was to find a replacement for my tinted moisturizer - Philosophy's The Supernatural Airbrushed Canvas ($35 at sephora - see picture at left) was a perfect fit because it's amazingly travel friendly; it comes with a mirror, and because it's a mineral-based powder and not a liquid, it can go right in the laptop bag for a pre-departure touch-up.

I'd read somewhere (and for the life of me I can't find out where on the internet it is - I just spent an hour or so looking for the darn page!) that when traveling, you should only board the plane with mascara and moisturizer before boarding, and then spend the last hour of the flight putting on eyeshadow, blush and foundation (super easy, thanks to the philosophy).  But that meant I needed to find a nice travel compact that was a nice professional look. Enter Stila's Fall Fantasy - A Tale of Enchantment Palette in Moss (right, $32 at sephora), which I'd been eyeing for a while. It's a beautiful green palette in shades of sheer champagne (base), a khaki shimmer green(crease) and a dark green shimmer (liner), paired with awarm coppery brown blush. This looks great with my hazel eyes, and I can tell I'm going to be using it a lot.

Along with my Touch Up Tube 5 Piece Travel Brush by Japonesque, I was all set to go!

3 comments:

mandy13 said...

I love travel makeup and products!I also love learning about great new beauty products!I was just in New York for fashion week, (my sister is a makeup artist).I heard Jessica Alba say in an interview that she used this product called Abs in a Box to get her pre-baby body back. Then I saw these products by a company called It Cosmetics www.itcosmetics.com on the Today Show so I thought I would try them. I TOTALLY look like I've lost 15 lbs instantly and I feel like I'm finally able to get that in-shape look I've been working so hard for in the gym. I used their ABS IN A BOX and SMOKIN' HOT LEGS. I am now going to order the MY BEAUTIFUL BREASTS kit.



Just thought I'd share this GREAT find!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this nice makeup. It is very helpful for us. Because when we are on travel then we can't keep our face beauty. That's why this makeup is very helpful for travelers.

Lorenz Moore said...

buy raloxifene onlineis used to forestall and treat osteoporosis in postmenopausal ladies. Raloxifene works like estrogen, a characteristic female chemical to stop the bone misfortune that can create in ladies after menopause. Raloxifene can likewise build your danger of a stroke, which can be deadly. This danger is most elevated if you have certain danger factors.