Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Product review: MAC Tendertones

Rate This Post:


I admit it, I'm normally a BE fanatic, but lately I've been branching out into other brands, thanks to some of the other beauty blogs I've started reading. One of the latest that I've picked up is the MAC Tendertone in Hush Hush, which is described as Tender pinky peach with gold pearl. I'm not sure if it's really pinky, or more of a pinky brown, but it's very sheer and really quite pretty. Plus, it has an SPF of 12, so that makes it even better!

In fact, I liked it enough that I wanted to run back to Nordstrom's and pick up Deep Sigh and Pucker. Unfortunately, I was headed off to Atlantic City for a weekend of gamblin' and carousin' with a now-card-carrying degenerate gambler, so that wasn't an option.

I'm not sure that I really like the fact that it's in a pot - I either have to apply with my finger (like in AC) or with a lip brush, which isn't very convenient, especially since this requires re-application during the day. Something also to note: if you carry this around in your pocket (like in AC), the gloss becomes rather soft, and you end up with more on your finger when applying it. I found out that I liked this better, though - I missed the easier application when I got home and the gloss got to room temperature.

It is a limited edition, so if you want it, you need to grab it while it's still here!

(picture from http://www.maccosmetics.com/)

No comments: