Sunday, June 17, 2007

Review: Philosophy - The Microdelivery Peel

Rate This Post:


My skin has been feeling a bit congested lately (most likely due to stress), so I thought it was high time for one of Philosophy's in-home facial peels. The kit comes in two parts - a crystal scrub and a gel activator.

The crystal scrub smells delicious - like fresh squeezed oranges, and you put about a teaspoon of it on your skin and lightly massage it in. The scrub contains vitamin C in one of its stable formulas (magnesium ascorbyl phosphate for you geeks out there), and the sugar-like crystals buff away at the top layer of skin during the massage.

Next, you put on the gel activator, which turns the stable vitamin C into a form that allows it deliver all that vitamin-y antioxidant goodness into your (freshly prepared!) skin. As a nice side effect, the combination causes an exothermic reaction, pleasantly warming up on contact.

My skin felt so soft and smooth after this, I kept touching my face all night. I can't believe I let this great product get hidden in the medicine cabinet!

No comments: