Saturday, August 4, 2007

Beauty Review - MAC Flashtronics

Rate This Post:



I first saw these great pictures on pursebuzz.com (great pictures here and here), and based on this review from Makeup Bag, I headed down to Nordie's and weaved my way through the throng of anniversary sale shoppers and the swarm of women around the flashtronics display.

I managed to get a wonderful lady to help me, and we tried out several colors. She asked me if I wanted to try a "crazy" color, or some neutral ones, and I, of course, said, "Why not both?" So, for the wild and crazy look, she applied Ether with some By Jupiter on it, which looked surprisingly great! These are very sheer and buildable, so it wasn't all that crazy, and I quite liked it. For the more neutral look, she applied Mercurial, which is a nice rosy pink tone, which was also great.

I ended up picking up the ether, since it looked so amazing, but then a week later, I gave in and ran back to grab By Jupiter and Mercurial before these ran out of stock.

One note - check your packaging before you leave the store! My By Jupiter was cracked and I had to go back and return it for a new one, and the sales associate told me that these break pretty easily so you need to be careul with it.

Also, you should check them for the veining - while I love my ether, I don't think it has a good mix of marbling. I only have one teeny speck of gold, and a large swath of dark blue, which makes the color darker than what I'd tried on in the store.

These are already selling out quickly - when I went back for By Jupiter and Mercurial, I didn't see any of the quarry or ether left at either of the Nordie's counters I was at, but you can still get these online at www.maccosmetics.com.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love them all! And now I'm going nuts for the Paint Pots... it's never ending, no?

Heather said...

Oh dear - I am afraid to check out the paint pots! I've seen some lovely photos of them, and am just starting to get more into cream eyeshadows, so I know I'll want these as soon as I see them...

Char said...

What does the lovestone look like?

Heather said...

Char -

It's the one on the left in the picture above - more of a darker cranberry color, I think.

If you look at the pursebuzz pictures I linked in the post, you can see some great swatches.

-Heather