Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Holy Grail find - Bobbi Brown Corrector and Creamy Concealer Kit

Rate This Post:

                

Like many women, I have a problem with dark under eye circles - mine are genetic, due to the fact that the skin right near my nose is very thin, allowing the blood to show through.  It also doesn't help that I have allergies, which also aggravates the darkness.

So, I am usually always on the prowl for a concealer that covers those dark circles.  Here is the most important thing I've learned on my search:
When you need to cover dark circles, do not succumb to the "yellow to help cover dark circles" sales pitch you'll see on most drugstore lines.  This just doesn't work!  You need a salmon colored corrector to neutralize the dark circles, first.  Then you can brighten with a lighter concealer.
So, it was after Bobbi Brown made an appearance on QVC, where I lusted after her Face Touch Up Palette (which is only on ebay now), but had no idea what color I was in her line, that I marched on down to Nordstroms and said: "Match me up, please!"  Turns out I'm a warm ivory, which is right between porcelain and sand, and means that the palette is never to be mine, alas, but she did match me up with bisque corrector and ivory concealer, and man oh man, I'm a convert!

The corrector is good enough to use on its own - it cancels out the darkness and matches my skin tone.  But, I usually chose to go ahead and brighten the under eye area as I can use all the help I can get!  The creamy concealer comes with a yellow based powder, which the sales assistance didn't originally want to put on because my skin seemed dry, but it went on just fine, and set the powder nicely.

I stepped outside in the sunlight, and was totally stunned to see how well my dark circles were covered!  I'm in love, and if I could marry a makeup product, this duo might just be it. 

... would that make me a bigamist?
Corrector Rating:

  • Currently 5/5 Stars.

  • 1

  • 2

  • 3

  • 4

  • 5



Creamy Concealer Kit Rating:

  • Currently 4.5/5 Stars.

  • 1

  • 2

  • 3

  • 4

  • 5


No comments: