Saturday, August 11, 2007

A tale of three mascaras

Rate This Post:

 The Good


Maybelline Lash Discovery: I picked this up based on one of Carmindy's recommendations in her style blog. She touted this because of the small brush, making it easier to get those little lashes, plus it won't give you "raccoon eyes" - something I always have a problem with.

I like this, it isn't bad, but it doesn't do a fantastic job about not clumping.
Rating:

  • Currently 4/5 Stars.

  • 1

  • 2

  • 3

  • 4

  • 5




The Bad


Maybelline Lash Stylist: I got sucked into this one because of the raves about the comb applicator and the fuller and longer lashes. However, this stuff clumps HORRIBLY, and doesn't even look remotely natural, which is important to me. It might look good on the stage or out at night, but it ended up in the garbage bin, as I just can't use it.
Rating:

  • Currently 0.5/5 Stars.

  • 1

  • 2

  • 3

  • 4

  • 5



The really fantastic!

Rimmel Lash Maxxx: I saw this in the drugstore the other day, and was lured in by the really neat looking brush. Unlike the Lash Stylist, this brush has different lengths of bristles, and they're much closer together, which makes a huge difference in how the mascara applies. This has a much more natural look an NO clumping! Unfortunately, I think I'm starting to find that this flakes off at the end of the day, which makes it less of a holy grail then when I originally started this post.
Rating:

  • Currently 4.5/5 Stars.

  • 1

  • 2

  • 3

  • 4

  • 5


No comments: