Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Homemade Beauty - Miracle Whip Facial

Rate This Post:

So, after reading about eBeauty Daily's results with the Miracle Whip Facial, I was so curious about this, that I had to try it myself. Yes, I'm talking about the Kraft salad dressing! Supposedly the mayo element of the emulsion will moisturize your skin, while at the same time, the vinegar will exfoliate all the dead cells away, leaving your face super smooth.

To do this, apply a medium layer of Miracle Whip to your face (enough so the coating is opaque, not translucent), and leave it on your face for 10-20 minutes. If you do this right, you will get some vinegar fumes around your eyes, but that's solved by walking around the house or waving a fan at your face (think of it as a perfect time to tidy up around the house?). After that, the directions say to rub with your fingers to loosen the dead skin, and then rinse off. I prefer to wipe off with a dry microfiber towel, though, before rinsing instead of using my fingers.

I have tried this at home, and it's FANTASTIC! This is really more like a peel than a facial. Reader be warned: I don't recommend doing this in the morning, as my face did stay red for about an hour afterwards, which is not a great look for work.

Do you want proof? This worked so well I decided to try it on my icky summer feet as well, and leave you with some un-retouched photographic evidence:


Before - icky yucky feet


During - the MW will eventually "melt" into your skin and become translucent


After - Look at this baby smooth skin! On my feet!


Tell me you're not compelled to do this yourself... and the best thing - a small jar goes a long way, as you don't even need a tablespoon to do your face and your feet!

No comments: