Thursday, July 5, 2007

Review: BeneFit Cosmetics - Love your look - creaseless creamshadow/liner & silky finish lipstick

Rate This Post:


When I walked into Sephora a couple months ago, I saw the new Love your Look line by Benefit cosmetics. I've always been intrigued by Benefit, especially after I tried their Realness Of Concealness some time back. I was very intrigued by the Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner ($18 USD), and kept dithering about buying them or not. I finally gave in when April bought one in RSVP (color on top right of swatches below left), and of course I had to keep up with the Joneses! I picked up Birthday suit (pictured in the jar at left), and I really like it - it goes on smooth (even smoother than the Nars shadows I have) and lasts all day.

In fact, I had to stop myself from running out the next day and buying Carte Blanche, Flatter Me, Skinny Jeans and Busy Signal - this is definitely a winner!

I also ended up grabbing two shades of the Silky-Finish Lipstick ($16 USD ea) that Carmindy recommended in her promotion of her 5 minute face book: hug it out (left) and sugar rush (2 from bottom right in swatches)

Again, this is also a winner - the hug it out shade is a bit more browny-pink than the pink pink shown here, but I love it. I showed incredible restraint by not running out and picking up swoonderful and sugar cookie as well.

(photos courtesy of benefit.com)

2 comments:

Betty Underground said...

I don't wear eye shadow largely because of the creasing! I have darkish lids and like to wear a light pink but have never found one that didn't crease up before noon.

I have a fondness for Benefit, love the Fake It! tanner, and will be heading to my local Sephora to pick up some of this eyelid goodness!

Heather said...

Oh, lovely! Let me know how it works for you. I still haven't picked up any more new colors, though I'm very tempted.